Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy Twelfth Night


Today is the first day of Mardi Gras. We will be putting up our decorations and getting stares from the neighbors today.....I even have C9-sized yellow, purple, and green lights for the house to replace the Christmas lights (which at 7 watts x 100 bulbs x 12 hours a day added about $50 to our December light bill; I got a timer for the Mardi Gras lights).


I miss living in New Orleans this time of year for the weather, for Carnival, and for the good times I had with Layton and Amanda Alldredge, Mike and Kristin Lindsey, Clay & Amy Larson, Matt & Amber Stecher, Gove and Nikki Allen, and Kasey and Brent (when he would actually come and not gripe) Bastian.


Mardi Gras madness, New Orleans
'Throw me something mister,' the crowds all scream
Hail to Bacchus and all his krewe
The party don't stop, the whole night through
Hail to Bacchus and New Orleans!

4 comments:

Matt the Treehugger said...

We should plan a Mardi Gras reunion some time in the next few years. I need an excuse to get back. Also, it took a few seconds before I realized the picture you posted of Marley is not current. She still looks like that in my mind.

Mike and Kristin said...

Thats a great idea. I could really do with some crawfish and king cake. Those really were good times.

goooooood girl said...

your blog is so good......

Amy said...

I am so happy to hear that you decorate for Mardi Gras! This is our 3rd year missing Mardi Gras and its so sad, especially now that Cole's older and could really appreciate all the floats and beads! We live down the street from the rose parade and we didn't even feel like going--nothing compares to standing on St. Charles in New Orleans for Carnival!