Sunday, November 16, 2008

Life on Mars

Not that it's anything new, but ABC's retelling of the BBC series Life on Mars has me hooked. For those unfamiliar with either show, it concerns detective Sam Tyler, who after being struck by a car in 2008, wakes to find himself in 1973. He is the same person, retains all his knowledge of the future, is a detective using modern techniques and procedures in an "old-school" environment, and occasionally sees a little robot toy thing following him.

The show is filmed in a yellow washed-out style that makes it look like old photographs from the era, the music is just awesome, and it's a thinking-man's show. You don't know if he's dead, in hell, purgatory, insane, and so on.

I recommend it, and you can watch all the episodes you've missed online.

2 comments:

chattypatra said...

I watch it too. At first, I didn't know what to expect because I had not watched the English version. I tuned in because I like Jason O'Mara as an actor, and because I was curious. Now I want to know what IS going on with him; it's intriguing.

I sure hope they don't cancel it!

Cindy said...

I really like that show, too! I want DH to watch it, too! :)