Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Might Be Headed for Atlanta This Weekend

DYNAMICALTRACK MODELS HAVE SHIFTED A LITTLE TO THE WEST AND THE NEW OFFICIALFORECAST FOLLOWS SUIT. ON THE FORECAST TRACK...HANNA IS EXPECTED TOAPPROACH THE EAST COAST OF FLORIDA... GEORGIA...OR SOUTH CAROLINAIN 2 TO 3 DAYS. IT SHOULD BE STRESSED THAT THE EXPECTED ANGLE OFAPPROACH AND TRACK UNCERTAINTY MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO NARROW DOWNTHE POTENTIAL IMPACT AREA. INTERESTS IN THE NORTHWESTERN BAHAMASAND ALONG THE ENTIRE SOUTHEASTERN UNITED STATES COAST SHOULDCLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM.

You're damned right I'm monitoring this system. I've got 50+ trees on the property including some 125+ year pines.....I'm not staying in my house for anything over 35 mph.

2 comments:

Paul Dunn said...

Well, if you are coming to Atlanta and have any time, let us know. We could meet up for lunch or dinner somewhere. I'm sure I could find one thing that you are "proud" of.

I share many of the same values as you on your Bristol Palin piece, but when you place a stigma or stereotype on people, you really haven't given them a chance. 17 vs. 21 is not all that big of a difference. I will agree that there are many worthy people out there that should have an opportunity to adopt and be parents. But responsibility is all too often shirked in America these days. I seriously doubt Todd and Sarah Palin held a gun to Levi's head and said "you better marry our daughter". But if Bristol and Levi are adult enough to own up to that responsibility, then I say let them go for it. If they said, OK we want to give the child up for adoption, that's fine too.

Yes, they'll need help from each of their parents, but at some point I would expect them to be able to manage life with a child on their own. Don't think I'm saying this because their actions deserve "punishment" and to be parents is the way to "learn a lesson". Kids (and people) make irresponsible decisions all the time, but character is built upon making your own decisions and facing responsibility.

I close this argument here because I know your mind won't be changed. You're just a stubborn mule like me. However, this is my opinion and I think it's only fair that you see what another might think from an outsider's viewpoint.

Your friend,
Paul

chattypatra said...

"Los árboles mueren de pie."

Espero que los tuyos sigan viviendo. :)