Monday, August 25, 2008

Stuff That Wouldn't Happen in the South

Every once in awhile, I'm reminded of how clairvoyant Vonnegut was in "Harrison Bergeron." Other stuff comes my way that reminds me how glad I am to be from the South, because there are some things that would never, ever, happen in the South. I should start a list of "Stuff That Wouldn't Happen in the South." Maybe I'll start keeping a list over on the right side. First entry, a particularly chickenshit bit of homecooking from Connecticut youth baseball.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/08/25/pitcher.toogood.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

Why would this not happen in the South? He would be respected by his peers and their parents, not feared.

1 comment:

Paul Dunn said...

I heard about this from Boortz.com. I would like to help in your Stuff That Would Never Happen In The South list.

#1 - Gay Marriage
#2 - A permanent ban on College Football
#3 - Walking into a restaurant and NOT being able to order Sweet Tea
#4 - Complete and total agreement by residents that Elvis is indeed dead
#5 - Complete and total agreement by residents that UFOs do not exist