Friday, March 14, 2008

Sex Unknown, PVCs, and Death Sucks

We don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet. We do know that Jack is the only son, of the only son, of the only son, of the only son. My family's sperm tend to make more women than men. But I was speaking in the abstract in that last blog post title.

We're off to bury grandpa, the most wonderful grandpa of all. He was a wiz a wiz of a wiz, if ever a grandpa there was.

Man, over the last two days I had some PVC (premature ventricular contractions) episodes that were maddening. No known cause, no know cure, no known danger to a healthy person--which I am. I first got diagnosed with them in 1999, so no one worry. We Williams live long lives plagued by minor infirmities; that is unless you get a one-in-a-farking-million rare brain disease.

I am not a big fan of death, not even if she looks like La Peregrina.


4 comments:

thewmes said...

Don't hold your breath about the generational sons thing. My father ten girls, so far I have only boys.

chattypatra said...

Sending virtual hugs to you and your family on this very difficult day. Saying goodbye sucks, even if it is a see you later. My prayers are with you today.

"Al final
las obras quedan
las gentes se van
otros que quedan
las continuarán
la vida sigue igual..."

(I'll go look for the video and post it in my blog, ok?)

Fonnesbeck Family said...

I hope the funeral was beautiful and memorable and honored him in a way that made you remember all of the good things.

And if it makes you feel better.. I have had PVC's for about 10 years now. They are maddening, as you said, because they worry me. I have worn heart monitors a couple of times and never really got a worrisome annswer. I have them every day and it still worries me because it's the heart we are talking about...a pretty important part of the anatomy. :)

chattypatra said...

Mac, I found the video. You may now mosey on down to my blog so you can watch it. Also, I'd love your opinion on my latest post.

Later!