Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Mom Is an Awesome Mom

So, with Mickelle and the kids out visiting her family in Utah, normally I would be a heap of misery as I pine for their companionship. In Genesis 2:18, where most Bibles say "It is not good that man should be alone," I have crossed out "man" and inserted "Mac." But this time I haven't gotten all mopey because my mom was here with me.

It was just great to have her around. We worked in the yard together, went out to dinner a couple of times, talked about her future plans, and just had a really good time, even watching TV. It's been too many years since my mom was a part of my daily life. Some people might resist that, but I'd like nothing better than to have my mom living here in Hartsville with us and being a part of all of our lives. I'm so lucky to have her.

Cherish your parents, even if they are insane now and made mistakes when you were a kid. Like it or not, our parents are complex and emotional people, just like we are. When they're gone, you won't care; I promise.

4 comments:

chattypatra said...

Amen to that!

Jolyn said...

Mac, I found your blog when I was reading the article on the FLDS on cnn.com. I find you to be very intriguing and I admire your love for your wife and family. It's very noble and not very common these days (sadly).

Mac said...

Jolyn,

Please feel free to come back anytime. All are welcome here.

Jolyn said...

Thanks. I've been checking back quite a lot and skimming over the conversations you're having with regards to religion. It's quite interesting. Some people are just so hard hearted and block headed!