Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Desperate Plea to My Wife

Whenever Mickelle goes to Utah, she gets her haird colored, "styled," and "trimmed." By "styled" and "trimmed" she means having at least three inches sheared off, looking, in my mind's eye, like Sinead O'Connor in the "Nothing Compares 2 U" video. She has always worn her hair short, like 20-year-old-college-student-not-a-girl-anymore short. Her hair right now is the longest it's been since we were married ten years ago this June. As my anniversary gift, baby, I beg you, please let it grow out. Don't cut it off. Long hair is super sexy, and the fantasy center of my brain can't quite envision you with long hair. Just do it this once, and then I'll never beg again. I know it's gonna be Summer, and you're pregnant, but please, oh please, consider it.

My wife is lovely.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, Mac, you're too cute! :)

chattypatra said...

Oh, boy. As someone who has let her hair grow out beyond my shoulders and is dying to cut it all out, I understand your wife. It's a struggle between wanting to be free of all the hassle and not wanting to look like a boy. It's probably hopeless, but good luck.