Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Video Clips for My Discussion of Azuela's The Underdogs in Class Today



BUDDY
Hi I'm Buddy, what can I get'cha?

VINCENT
I'll have the Douglas Sirk steak.

BUDDY
How d'ya want it, burnt to a crisp,
or bloody as hell?

VINCENT
Bloody as hell. And to drink, a
vanilla coke.

BUDDY
How 'bout you, Peggy Sue?

MIA
I'll have the Durwood Kirby burger
-- bloody -- and a five-dollar
shake.

BUDDY
How d'ya want that shake, Martin
and Lewis, or Amos and Andy?

MIA
Martin and Lewis.

VINCENT
Did you just order a five-dollar
shake?

MIA
Sure did.

VINCENT
A shake? Milk and ice cream?

MIA
Uh-huh.

VINCENT
It costs five dollars?

BUDDY
Yep.

VINCENT
You don't put bourbon in it or
anything?

BUDDY
Nope.

VINCENT
Just checking.

Buddy comes back with the drinks. Mia wraps her lips around
the straw of her shake.

MIA
Yummy!

VINCENT
Can I have a sip of that? I'd like
to know what a five-dollar shake
tastes like.

MIA
Be my guest.

She slides the shake over to him.

MIA
You can use my straw, I don't have
kooties.

Vincent smiles.

VINCENT
Yeah, but maybe I do.

MIA
Kooties I can handle.

He takes a sip.

VINCENT
Goddamn! That's a pretty fuckin'
good milk shake.

MIA
Told ya.

VINCENT
I don't know if it's worth five
dollars, but it's pretty fuckin'
good.

He slides the shake back.

Start at 7:48 in



Start at 00:38

No comments: