Saturday, January 26, 2008

Accidental Art/Homage to Tikal

So, our nextdoor neighbor's daughter used to have a swimming pool, and since they decided to have it filled in they no longer had need of an entire pallet of paving bricks they were going to use to pave around the edge of the pool.

They gave them to us for free, provided we came and got them. It was back-breaking work; my back still hurts almost 2 weeks later (I went to the doctor yesterday about it, to no avail).

We piled them in a spur of our driveway. In doing so, we inadvertently created something that looks like something else. You decide:

1 comment:

chattypatra said...

I've always liked bricks, but I learned to love them after I visited a small manufacturer's operation back in PR. It was a fascinating process.

Anyway, congratulations! What are you planning to do with them?