Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pray for Him


My Dad is in Emory Hospital's ICU. He's on a ventilator and hasn't been conscious for 2 weeks. He has a 103 degree fever, and they have no idea what's wrong with him.


12 weeks ago he and I were fishing out on Apalachicola Bay in Florida. My dad caught some whiting, croakers, sharks, ladyfish. He was fine. Oh God, heal him please. I have hope and faith in the resurrection, and I believe that there's more to life that just life. I just don't want to go through the rest of my life without my Dad. I'm not ready yet. He's still young. He's too young. Bless the doctors and nurses, that their memories might be prompted to find the correct course of treatment. Bless his body that it can repair the damage done to it. Bless my Mom as she struggles through this time. Bless my dad's parents that his condition will not be more than they can bear. Bless my little sister, that she will be able to focus on her studies. Bless my children that they'll not be frightened of the thought of losing their "Pappy Mac."


Thy will be done, but maybe think about heeding mine. Please.



Marley and Pappy Mac in better days, Mardi Gras 2006.

7 comments:

Ryan S. said...

God bless your father.

Hammy said...

We'll pray for him too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mac -

Please know your father and family are in my prayers.

- Andy Sirmon

ichibanjohn said...

Hello Mac,
I pray everything will be alright with Mr. Williams.
Gibby

swampbaby said...

So sorry to hear this. All of you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Mac,

Your family and your father are in my prayers.

Matt Monson

Anonymous said...

Mac... I lost my dad one year ago this month. I will definitely pray for yours. Don't lose hope. Nathanial Gardner