Monday, August 20, 2007

Surreal, yet So Real

So, tomorrow I start teaching at Coker College. 33 years old, with 12 years of college has all lead up to this day. I finally will start getting paid, and start my career tomorrow. It's amazing.

Also amazing is Marley starting kindergarten tomorrow morning. She's five years old. I can remember my first day of kindergarten way back in 1979.

I should feel really excited about all this, but I'm numb. All I can seem to think about are all the poor people in the path of Hurricane Dean, and how they're about to go through the hell that I went through two years ago.

Pray for our Mexican brothers and sisters! This hurricane is another monster like Katrina. Espero que nadie se muera, pero sé que no será así.

3 comments:

JC said...

Congratulations on joining the FICA crowd. :)

kirt said...

Congrats Mac,

Must feel pretty strange to turn that corner from student to teacher!

I envy your students, you'll be a fantastic professor...

Kirt Christensen

Darla said...

I hope your new job is going well!