Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pioneerzz

Utah has the habit of ending lots of things in double z's, since the Jazz holds such power over their imaginations.

I'm in Utah today. I went up to Pine Valley and caught some trout in the reservoir with my brother-in-law Dallas Lamoureaux. It's Pioneer Day here. A day that celebrates the arrival of Brigham Young and the first party of Mormon pioneers to the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847.

One of my ancestors has his name on the statue commemorating today's holiday. I am a descendant of Mormon pioneers, yet I am a convert to the church.

I don't feel very much like a pioneer. I have no idea where this post is going, or where it was supposed to go.

1 comment:

Ryan S. said...

Mae, the reason you posted this is so that you and I could get together for lunch while we are both in the same county. Please call, e-mail, whatever. my work # is 628-4411 (with the standard local area code).