Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Funny

So, in a thread on www.fark.com discussing this article:

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/05/07/tv-babies.html

People began discussing the pains and joy of raising a family. As usual on fark, some people began criticizing people for having families, etc. Someone said that having a dog was the only kid they ever needed, and that "raising my family" was hard work, meaning their dogs. Those who know me well know that I do not like dogs, and I cringe at the animal rights laws currently on the books, let alone the ones that PETA and their ilk are planning. Someone on fark then said one of the funniest things I've ever seen:

Anthropomorphizing your dog is NOT an alternative to raising a family.

Amen! A pet is not a child. You cannot compare them. No way, no how.

No comments: