Monday, April 02, 2007

Bless Jack, The Earned Income Credit, and Cadmus, or whoever it was that invented books

Well I must say that Jack's birth has had a financial windfall for my little family. My income in 2006 was pitiful. After expensing out every thing we could legally and ethically do, the eBay business was a loss. We had $800 witheld from my checks, and our refund is $5,500. The EIC and the child tax credit is marvelous when you have two kids. The extra $3000 Jack got for us should just about pay for his diapers.

The last little bit is a line by Thomas Carlyle that I've always enjoyed, "May blessings be upon the head of Cadmus, the Phoenicians, or whomever it was that invented books."

1 comment:

Darla M. Wiese said...

ooo i like that quote too . . .

Good boy Jack-- earn your keep!