Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ailing

I feel no better today than I did a week ago in Jackson, WY. My glands are swollen, my legs hurt, I am stuffy (my ears have yet to unclog from the plane landing), my throat is sore, my tonsils look like pus-sy (I checked the spelling on that one) strawberries, I have a low grade fever, and I'm coughing every 2-3 minutes, a big hacking cough. I also have a gastrointestinal disturbance.

I am so going to the doctor tomorrow.

I've only eaten ice cream, diet be damned, today since it's the only thing that feels good on my throat. After taking Dayquil and Nyquil for a week to try and cope, I want to fall asleep and stay asleep. I also want to have at least a few hours where my whole body doesn't just ache, so I just popped two Vicodin.

I did get a flu shot this year too.

To paraphrase Bob Marley:

One good thing about Vicodin,
When it hits you, you feel no pain.

2 comments:

JC said...

Gastrointestinal disturbance? We call it "chorro".

karie said...

Mac,
It is no use to go to the doctor. We've been seeing a ton of this same stuff in the office for about a month. It is viral and no drugs will help. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is continue to ride it out. Sorry. However, if you can get some good green phlem and an infection in your lungs, then I can tell you exactly what you will need.