Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Venezuelan Jedi Beware: Senate Gives Chavez Authority to Govern by Decree

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/world/story.html?id=54ad9b9b-7218-4503-9aa7-468c9b29f726&k=20525

Let's hope he doesn't issue an Order 66!

Remember this day. This is the day that a new wave of LEFT WING dictators rise in Latin America. I cannot say where the next one will begin. I hope I am wrong. For most of the 20th Century hard-line conservative dictators ruled Latin America, now after 20 years of struggling to achieve democracy, the pendulum is swinging back the other way. I foresee civil wars in Mexico and Ecuador. I foresee social strife in Argentina. I see continued civil war in Colombia (as it has been for the last 35+ years). I pray I am wrong.

No man or woman should ever be able to govern by decree in times of peace. This is a recipe for disaster. I used to say that Chavez was harmless. Now, I see death on the horizon for many a Venezuelan.

¡Qué lástima!

As his power grows, so too will his paranoia that someone will go sic semper evello mortem tyrannus on his ass.

No comments: