Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I got tagged by Karie Wright

Karie tagged me with a "how well do you know me" meme, so I will answer it here. If you read this, consider yourself tagged if you want.


Four jobs I have had in my life:1) McDonald's, started at $3.35 an hour 2) Bait store clerk at age 12 for $2.25 an hour: I got minnows, worms, crickets, and such for anglers 3) Pizza Hut delivery driver (6 years, 12,000 pizzas) 4) I got paid $4 an hour to play Warcraft II and Command & Conquer against people at a computer arcade in Marietta, GA called Sybernet. I was that good.

Four movies I would watch over and over: 1) Shawshank Redemption 2) Groundhog Day 3) Kelly's Heroes 4) Stalag 17

Four places I have lived:1) Acworth (Oak Grove) Georgia (1982-1993, 1995-1997, 2005 [Katrina, you bitch]) 2) Dillard, Georgia (1978-1982) 3) Provo, Utah (1997-2002) 4) Costa Rica (1993-1995)

Four TV shows I love to watch:1) The Sopranos 2) Monster House 3) Scrubs 4) Lost & 24

Four places I have been on vacation:1) Europe (twice) 2) Costa Rica (honeymoon--though we didn't get outside much ;) 3) Hawaii--boring, like Los Angeles on an island 4) The Bahamas--if you go to the Out Islands, and not a resort, the Bahamas are truly wonderous.

Four websites I visit daily:1) www.hotmail.com
2) wuapinmon.blogspot.com 3) www.fark.com 4) www.cnn.com

Four of my favorite foods1) Sushi
2) Pecans 3) Sweet potatoes 4) Cherry Coke

Four places I'd rather be right now:1) Pine Valley, Utah 2) Alajuela, Costa Rica 3) debajo de Mickelle 4) Las Vegas

Four people (dead or alive) I would love to spend the day with: 1) Tim 2) Dallas 3) Jorge Luis Borges 4) Anyone who reads my blog

Four favorite things to do:1) Have sex 2) Sleep 3) Eat 4) Hang out with friends

Four friends I send this to who I think will respond 1) Not many, most of my friends are internet snobs. 2) Tim might if he's in the right mood. 3) Paul maybe, but probably not 4) My sister if she ever reads this thing.

6 comments:

paul said...

Just to shine you on a little bit, here's my mini-bio. And for someone that lists "Eat" as one of their favorite things to do, I was a little surprised you didn't pick actual dishes. Cherry Coke? That's not a food.

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1) White Water - I worked there 2 whole days with Norman
2) KFC - I worked there 2 whole weeks without Norman
3) Coca-Cola - Physically, the toughest job I've ever had. I used to help deliver Coke to local merchants
4) Remote Accounting Solutions - Physchologically, the toughest job I've ever had. There are alot of nuts out there, but there were some cool ones too. I did technical support

Four movies I would watch over and over:
1) Field of Dreams
2) The Natural
3) Shawshank Redemption
4) Empire Strikes Back

Four places I have lived:
1) My father's current house
116 Childers Road
Canton GA 30115
(1975-1985)

2) My mother's current house
3050 Richmond Road
Woodstock GA 30189
(1985-1993)

3) Multiple dorms at GT
336056 Georgia Tech Station
Atlanta GA 30332
(1993-1997)

4) Spalding Gables Apts
6039 & 7031 Spalding Drive
Atlanta GA 30350
(1997-1998) & (1998-1999)

[I have had only 3 other official addresses beyond these 4.]

Four TV shows I love to watch:
1) The Amazing Race
2) Scrubs
3) SportsCenter
4) Baseball Tonight

Four places I have been on vacation:
1) Cuba
2) New Zealand
3) Singapore & Malaysia
4) Most of Western Europe

Four websites I visit daily:
1) Nealz Nuze
2) This Blog
3) Yahoo! Sports
4) My own website
[Because it's my home page]

Four of my favorite foods
1) Cha Siu Bao

[Also see Ha Gao, Shu Mai, Ji Jiao Fun, and You Tiao. Oddly, if you look up "Shu Mai" on Wikipedia, it takes you to a Star Wars characters page. Lucas must have been influenced by some dim sum at some point. Anglicizing this dish can be spelled "su", "shu", "siu", or "siew".]

2) Char Kway Teow
3) Huevos Rancheros con Chorizo
4) Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream

Four places I'd rather be right now:
1) South Lake Tahoe, California
2) Cancún, Mexico
3) Edinburgh, Scotland
4) Singapore (save for the heat)

Four people (dead or alive) I would love to spend the day with:
1) My wife
2) My step-mother's mother
3) My mother's mother
4) My father's father

Four favorite things to do:
1) Snow or water skiing
2) Play softball
3) Eat one of the foods listed above
4) Travel to new places

Four friends I send this to who I think will respond
1) John McLarty Williams I
2) John McLarty Williams II
3) John McLarty Williams III
4) John McLarty Williams IV
[LOL]

darlamay said...

debajo de Mickelle huh?

Mac said...

**blush** sí debajo de ella o encima de ella, más que nada...con ella.

paul said...

Mac, please stop with the Spanish sexual innuendo.

Voulez vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

Karie said...

Mac,

I can't believe that you remember how much you got paid at jobs you were doing be adolescence set in. I knew about 3/4 of your answers.

Susanna Williams said...

Dude! I finally am reading it!

Four jobs I have had in my life:

1. Fifteen year old White Water lifeguard who aced her CPR test VERY SERIOUSLY.

2. Morning Bagel Baker at Einstein's on Center street in Provo. That lasted long.

3. Telesurvey whore for Winton and Dumb Associates in Provo. That lasted long too.

4. ESL and Citizenship teacher to Korean Seniors!

Four movies I would watch over and over:

1. Any David Attenbourgh documentary, particularly the Blue Planet series.

2. The home movie of little LuLu saying "I had a dream about Morgan flying a condor."

3. Ulysses, even though it was kind of retarded.

4. The Derrida documentary, cause I didn't get it all the first time.

Four places I have lived:

1. Acworth, GA
2. Provo, UT
3. Athens, GA
4. San Francisco, CA

Four TV shows I love to watch:

1. The Simple Life (don't make me come over there and deconstruct it, cause I will)

2. Unsolved Mysteries

3. Those Nanny shows, where they make it seem like years of pain can be fixed by a chart and a marmish lady with a carpet bag. I'm like waiting for her to pull a lamp out of it.

4. Golden Girls, with grandpa.

Four places I have been on vacation:

1. Big Sur, CA
2. Tulum, Mexico
3. Madrid, Spain
4. Fontaine de Vacluse, France

Four websites I visit daily:

I don't get online every day, but these are websites I visit frequently.

1. Yahoo Mail (yawn)
2. Catandgirl.com
3. mapquest (yawn)
4. Guitar Tab Universe

Four of my favorite foods:

1. Tuna fish made with tarragon, Helman's mayo (they call it Best Foods out here), mustard, horeseradish, and other stuff, like chopped almonds and shredded crap.

2. Fancy-ass cheese at a fancy-ass restaurant with a glass of fancy-ass wine.

3. Chic-chic chocolate with raisins or something going on

4. Totinos.

Oh I'm kidding.

Real 4. This yogurt we get out here from this creamery called Strauss.

Please don't mock me for sounding snobbish. It's too easy.

Four places I'd rather be right now:

1. Debajo de la historia

Dude, I'm just kidding.

Real 1. Warm, humid, southern forest in an air-conditioned house watching dumb tv with my family feeling all antsy.

2. Big Sur.

3. In a hot tub in the woods seeing my first mountain lion at a distance, safe and secure in his or her fear of the water.

4. Transcending time and space in, like, Greece.

Four people (dead or alive) I would love to spend the day with:

1. bell hooks
2. Wyton Marsalis (disclaimer: I don't really like his music so much as that he is the MOST ARTICULATE MAN IN THE WORLD and he has that cute accent. I have a crush on him. He makes me feel all edified and shit.)
3. Thich Nhat Han
4. Anais Nin

Four favorite things to do:

1. Piddle around my house and not use my brain doing dumb housework.

2. Walk in my neighborhood with headphones on listening to Vic Chestnutt with a 32.

3. Lay in my bed and watch non-sexist movies on my laptop

4. You know, like, that.