Thursday, February 09, 2006

Throw me something ($50,000) mister!

NOLA's only all female krewe, The Muses, are my favorite Mardi Gras krewe, not because they are all sexy women throwing me free stuff (You can't tell if they're sexy or not because they are robed, masked, and I'm married), but because they throw great throws in quantities; they are of high quality; the humor and theme of each float is as good as or better than the venerated Le Krewe D'Etat, and they throw tons of stuff to you if you wear throws from previous years.

My favorite krewes:



I am especially happy to learn that they have donated $50,000 to the city to help defray the police overtime costs. With the increasing violent crime rates rising, the dregs of society are making their way back, and the more police we have out there the better. Not that it isn't safe, but I want to not have to worry at all.

Mardi Gras parades start next weekend. Time to get the ladder out, give it a fresh coat of paint, make Marley a costume and get ready for the fun. Those of you who know me and aren't coming to take advantage of a free place to stay during Mardi Gras, during our likely last Mardi Gras here are missing out.

No comments: